While surfing around the Internet the other day, I found an interesting article. The author went down a list of the 10 greatest songs (in his opinion) to never reach number one. Well I just had to share that list with you. So here we go!
10. Bohemian Rhapsody. Queen. One of the best songs Freddy Mercury ever wrote!
9. Since U Been Gone. Kelly Clarkson. Clarkson’s dynamic voice raises this song to greatness.
8. Be My Baby. The Ronettes. Recognized as one of the greatest songs of the 1960’s.
7. Louie Louie. The Kingsmen. A raucous song that caused the FBI to investigate its muddled vocals despite the fact that the Kennedy Assassination investigation was still active!
6. What’s Going On. Marvin Gaye. Gaye’s call for unity during the Vietnam War.
5. Crazy. Gnarls Barkley. A song about rekindling love. Could it happen?
4. 19th Nervous Breakdown. The Rolling Stones. The Stones powerful song about the spoiled, rich, elite class.
3. Nuthin But A G Thang. Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg. The song that opened the door to gangsta rap becoming mainstream.
2. Chain Gang. Sam Cooke. A great song about prisoners waiting to get back to loved ones.
1. Baker Street. Gerry Rafferty. A melancholy song written by Rafferty during a dark period of his life.
There they are. Give them all a listen and see what you think. Were they worthy on a number one spot or not? Let me know!