Sunday, September 13th in National Peanut Day. Peanuts are high in protein and fiber and are a great snack when you need a pick-me-up! So in celebration of the Day, here are some interesting facts about the peanut!
1. It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of peanut butter.
2. By law, any jar of peanut butter must contain 90% peanuts.
3. According to the National Peanut Board, women and children prefer creamy peanut butter and men prefer crunchy. East Coast residents like creamy and West Coast residents like crunchy!
4. Peanuts are sometimes called “ground nuts” or “ground peas” because they are grown underground.
5. Two presidents were peanut farmers: Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
There are some interesting facts about peanuts! Now go get a package of those ground nuts and enjoy yourself!