With fall finally here, apples become a favorite treat! From Apple cider, to apple fritters, to apple pie, Americans love to eat apples and apple-related treats! As a result, I decided to throw out a few apple facts to honor this delicious and nutritious fruit!
1. There are more than 2,500 varieties of apples. However, only the crabapple is native to North America.
2. Apples contain no fat, no sodium, or cholesterol and are a good source of fiber.
3. Apples are a member of the rose family.
4. The top apple producers around the world are the United States, Turkey, Poland, Italy, and China.
5. A peck of apples weighs 10.5 pounds while a bushel of apples weighs 42 pounds.
6. It takes about 36 apples to make a gallon of apple cider.
These are just a few apple facts that I found interesting. So enjoy an apple today. It’s delicious!