Myths are usually very difficult to dispel. Once a myth gets started, it seems to continue to perpetuate even though there may be direct evidence to the contrary. With that in mind, let’s look at the Top 10 Tech Myths that refuse to die according to Listverse:
1. Putting batteries in the freezer makes them last longer. In fact, the opposite is true.
2. Charging your phone overnight ruins the battery. Smartphones slow down the charging process as it gets closer to 100%.
3. Sitting to close to the TV harms you. Today’s TV’s release little to none x-rays.
4. MacBooks can’t get viruses. There may not be as many viruses as there are for Windows, but they are out there. Use a good anti-virus software.
5. Incognito mode hides what you are viewing on the Internet. Not really. The data is still being stored on the sites you are visiting.
6. You need an expensive HDMI cord. According to Listverse, all HDMI cords are created equal.
7. It’s dangerous to use your phone while it’s charging. Not true.
8. Hair dryers don’t cure coronavirus. This home remedy does not work PERIOD!
9. You have to shut down your computer every night. Computer power systems keep them from overusing too much power.
10. You shouldn’t use a third party charger. This is just a way for manufacturers to keep you buying their own OEM parts.
There are some tech myths that just aren’t true. If you have any others, let me know!