North County state senator Patty Ritchie says she has secured $84,000 to help support music and arts programs in area schools.
Ritchie says budget cuts eliminated programs in these schools, and she says she knows how integral they are to children's education.
School districts receiving additional funding include:
- Hannibal Central School District - $10,000 for the district music program
- Sackets Harbor Central School District - $1,000 for the district music program
- Fulton City School District - $9,000 for the district music program
- Mexico Academy and Central School District - $7,500 for district music programs and $2,500 for a program allowing students to attend after-school enrichment programs or clubs
- General Brown Central School District - $45,000 to help support a music teacher position, school music programs and the high school marching band
Ritchie also supported the state budget, which included $20 million in news funding for schools in the 48th Senate District.