Three firefighters were hospitalized after being injured at a fire in the town of Manlius.


Minoa fire authorities say they were called to a home on Kendall Drive East.  A fire in the garage had spread to the house, and additional firefighters responded from Kirkville, Fayetteville and Manlius.  Two of the injured firefighters slipped on ice, while the third firefighter's injuries were not known.  All of the injuries were minor.  The home's residents were able to get out safely.  The fire was reportedly caused by someone not properly extinguishing a cigarette in the garage.